Monday, March 29, 2010

Euph lesson 3-29-10

I thought that my lesson went pretty well today. I got caught a little off guard by one of the rubank lessons on pg. 29ish. I had been spending so much time on fundies and on the articulation studies in the back that I neglected to practice the etude type study at the beginning of the book, woops. Oh well, I'll just have to make sure and add it and the next one to my practice list along with my scales and fundies book, as well as the articulation studies. I've been learning a lot this semester, and I am definately finding out that there is a lot more to brass playing than meets the eye. I knew this already, but now I'm getting a better first hand look at everything I guess. The only bad thing about it is that between low brass, percussion, band, choral conducting, and choir, I can't decide yet whether I would rather teach instrumental music or vocal music. Most people focus on just one main area, but I've been learning everything I can about both sides of the music spectrum. Maybe I should start to narrow down my fields a little bit, but there's just so much good music, and when you can sing, play percussion, saxophone, and euphonium, its hard to choose sometimes. I guess its a good thing that I've got another year to figure that out.

1 comment:

  1. being able to teach both sides of music is going to make looking for a job in a couple of years much easier.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a K-12 Music Education major, with my primary being voice and secondary being percussion.