Thursday, February 10, 2011

Practice and Voice Lessons 2

So far so good on this week. Recital went really well with Bois e'pais on Wednesday and my lesson today was really good. It's getting to the point in my lessons that most everything covered is small changes and minor details. I'm starting to realize the difference between my head resonance and mouth resonance, and I am starting to be able to differentiate between the two with particular vowels. This has been the hardest part so far with my voice, and finally being able to feel and understand what I'm doing while singing is a big relief. Its all snapping in to place right before my Senior recital. Up for next week is Die Forrelle by Schubert, so we'll see how well the German goes.

-Eric-

1 comment:

  1. Yippee! Doesn't it feel good to have things finally clicking?!? I am really pleased with the work you have been doing, and the concepts you are mastering. This journey will make you an even better teacher---to relate to your students the difficulties you have experienced as a student yourself will go far in the choral classroom. I know it really did for me!
    Keep up the fantastic work. Your recital is going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a K-12 Music Education major, with my primary being voice and secondary being percussion.