Thursday, February 24, 2011

Practice and Voice Lessons 4

Today's lesson went really well. I am to the point now where it is extreme minor details that we are going over, and as far as memory goes everything seems to be sticking pretty well. I had some interval issues with the quartet, but I'll work those out in a practice room and it'll be ready by Wednesday of next week. I think I am going to try and put both my aria and Linden Lea on the Wednesday recital. They are both really contrasting pieces, both in language and style, so it'll be a good test to see how well I can transition between songs in a performance. It seems like its always the little things that I pick up, whether it be from concerts, method classes, or conventions, that help the most. I've found that most of the changes I have made with my voice have been literally microscopic in size, yet have effected it tremendously. My recital should come out just how I want it to, then its on to other songs that I have in mind for afterward. But for now, I'll stick to focusing on my jury next week.

-Eric-

1 comment:

  1. It was great having you at Norfolk with us today! I hope you felt like you got something out of your day.
    I AGREE....I am excited to be preening each song and working on the minor details. The quartet will be lovely---I would recommend meeting with the others during Shana's lesson....do you have 2:00pm on Tuesdays available? Maybe even 3:00pm--right before band?
    Great work this week! I can't wait for Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a K-12 Music Education major, with my primary being voice and secondary being percussion.