Thursday, February 17, 2011

Practice and Voice Lessons 3

I think this week was fairly productive as far as my voice goes. I did ok with Die Forelle on Wednesday's recital and my voice lesson today was good as well. I need to focus more on my aria and especially on the intervals in my English and other German song. That will just take some practice over this next week though. One thing that I think has helped a lot with my phrasing in my singing this semester is my Poetry Workshop class. It focuses mainly on writing and reading poetry, and this I think has helped me to straighten out any problems with phrase flow that I was having. I think I will try to either put my last German piece Anakreons Grab or my other English Linden Lea on this next Wednesday's recital, so we'll see how either one of those go.

-Eric-

1 comment:

  1. You are really getting the forward sound consistently, Eric! Wow! I didn't know you took a poetry workshop class---I bet that DOES have an effect on how you are phrasing. I am really pleased with the work and progress you have been making---it is true---it is all "clicking!" Whew--just in time for a stellar senior recital!
    Keep up the great work. You are a wonderful example to us all.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a K-12 Music Education major, with my primary being voice and secondary being percussion.