Friday, February 4, 2011

Practice and Voice Lessons Post 1

Practicing this week has been pretty successful I think. I had some difficulty in my rehearsal with Mr. Pfaltzgraff with placing correct intervals in the music, but after practicing on it some more it was better in my lesson on Thursday. I have slowly been starting to figure out how to brighten my voice, but the problem I'm having is in order to do that I have to drop the soft pallet slightly. What I need to figure out is how to keep it bright as well as rounded off and in tune. Hopefully that hits before March 2nd and especially before April 2nd with my senior recital. I am slated to be on student recital on next Wednesday and Bois Epais is on the list to memorize and perform, so here's to working on French!

-Eric-

1 comment:

  1. You had some breakthroughs during your lesson! You did a great job of altering the color of contrasting sections/verses/phrases. Keep watching and listening to Fischer-Dieskau! He is your new idol!
    Keep up the fine singing, Eric.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a K-12 Music Education major, with my primary being voice and secondary being percussion.