Sunday, February 21, 2010

Well, I played my solo for studio on Friday. It was immediately apparent that it wasn't quite where I wanted it to be, but also thinking back to when I got the solo, it went a lot better than it had been going in practice. I learned that I can't just forget about the fundamentals when I get a little nervous, and that I need to make sure and breathe. But my range is getting better, at the beginning of the year the D above the bass clef staff was hard to hit, now I'm working on the F above and the D is coming out a lot better than it was. So I guess even though it didn't go as well as I wanted it to, it still went a lot better than it could have, and I just need to keep working on it and learning more about playing in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a K-12 Music Education major, with my primary being voice and secondary being percussion.